Friday, 17 April 2009
Paul & Fred (Little Feat)
The weather here in Anstruther is cold to say the least...The coal fire is blazing up the chimney as we speak! The dog's love it!
We are booking for November at the moment and we are having Paul Barrere & Fred Tackett from Little Feat coming to see us! That's one to put in your diary!
We have been Land Rover hunting in the last few weeks and finally I think that we have found one. They are great machines and very versatile...trips to the cash & carry etc etc and useful in adverse weather conditions. The model I prefer is the Defender 90 SWB. I hope to travel up to the north of Scotland later on in the year so that will be an adventure.
November proves to be an incredible month for music. In addition to Paul & Fred we have Andy Fairweather Low and Dennis Locorriere here as well....Better get saving I suppose!!!!!
Talking of money and saving etc etc....we are about to launch a Loyalty Card scheme...so everytime you buy a ticket,drink,food or accommodation you will collect 'points' that can be redeemed against future purchases....the more you spend the more you save. Can't be bad.
Recent Tunes we've been listening to are....
1) Jonathan Kelly - DOWN ON ME.
2) John David Souther - YOUR TURN NOW.
3) John Hiatt - EVERYBODY WENT LOW
4) John Mellencamp - SMALL TOWN.
5) Jimmy Webb - POSTCARD FROM PARIS.
6) Del Amitri - HERE AND NOW.
7) Carole King - READ BETWEEN THE LINES.
8) Beach Boys - HERE SHE COMES.
9) Andrea Glass - WE COULD BE OVER.
10) Rolling Stones - HAND OF FATE.